Wednesday 9 May 2012

International Babywearing

On a recent trip to Vietnam, my father got a picture of a Vietnamese back carry. Looks similar to everyone else's back carries, really. It seems crazy, but because sometimes with all the weird looks and the 'ah, that's the way to travel' comments and open staring on the bus, I forget that having your child strapped to you is completely normal for most of the world...
Anyway, if you want to see the picture of brightly coloured Vietnamese babywearing, click here. Or you can read his post and learn about the origin of the word 'bong', which was also an education for me...

1 comment:

  1. Well, what do you know? I took the picture and I was so completely unaware I had snapped a baby back carry I had to look at my own post to find out what you were talking about. The picture is right at the, but its worth reading right from the top (but then I would say that, wouldn't I?).

    ReplyDelete